A globally leading life sciences organisation in Galway are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join their team on a 6-month contract basis. The role has remote working flexibility.
You will have, but not limited to, the following responsibilities/activities:
- You will participate in Purchasing/Sourcing strategic activities to ensure raw material availability to Operations.
- You will provide sourcing support to projects involving product life cycle and supplier management including but not limited to product/part phase in-phase, last time buy/Strategic and excess & obsolete processes, local sourcing related initiatives, supplier delivery performance and inventory management.
- You will support commodity management in pricing, terms & conditions, and quality agreements with key strategic suppliers.
- Supporting the Buyer, you will ensure raw materials are available to Operations.
- You will maintain and promote strong relationships with both external suppliers and internal cross functional teams.
- You will act as liaison with the Commodity Management and Sourcing Engineering Teams in the development of commodity strategies, inputs and discussions about supplier score card and performance reviews.
- You must have 2+ years' relevant experience in sourcing or supply chain, preferably within a pharmaceutical/medical device organisation.
- You will have a degree in a relevant field.
To learn more, apply online or contact Cian Breheny on +353 1 6321866 for a confidential discussion.