My client, an Irish owned and operated utilities company based on the south side of Dublin are seeking a technology-oriented qualified accountant to join their finance team.
The systems accountant works as part of the finance team to support the production of streamlined reporting through various IT systems (Sage; Tableau). Working closely with the IT team to support the duties and overall finance operations team.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- Gain a detailed understanding of current systems and processes and identify opportunities to automate, streamline and improve business controls
- Main point of contact within Finance for system related issues and liaise with internal IT & data science teams and external vendors as appropriate.
- Lead and/or support system upgrades and implementations by
- Supporting the development of business cases and project plans
- Manage system testing and UAT.
- Documenting processes and procedures
- Providing training to end users as required.
- Ensure data consistency and integrity across interfacing systems to Finance and business leaders to maintain accuracy of reporting.
- Contribute to, and lead where relevant, the integration of relevant non-financial systems to ensure data consistency and promote operational efficiencies.
- Design and develop reports with the data science team to enhance stakeholder decision making.
- Create data insights and learnings from existing data sources to drive change and growth.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and enhancements to controls.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders, both within Finance and the wider business, to deliver key projects.
Desired Experience, Skills and Education:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA; ACCA; CIMA; CPA) with at least  years post qualification experience.
- Accounting experience, ideally in industry, demonstrating a track record of system changes / implementation.
- Experience in successfully integrating finance systems with other in-house systems.
- Experience managing and working with third party service providers.
- Evidence of driving continuous improvements across processes and systems.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interpret and present data clearly; comfort presenting output to relevant stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and comfort manipulating large datasets.
- High level of computer literacy, including database and spreadsheet tools; proficient user of MS Excel.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven, self-motivated and take the initiative in identifying relevant opportunities to improve operational efficiency and reporting.
Salary: up to €65,000 depending on experience.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.