Leading Irish sports management company headquartered in South Dublin are seeking a well-rounded Accounts Assistant who is serious about their finance career and has commenced their accounting qualification or has completed a bachelor of accountancy to join their organisation on a permanent basis.
The role mainly involves supporting the company accountant with the preparation of monthly management accounts, supporting year end and audit, producing relevant reports, VAT returns, reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable and dealing directly with clients.
Role and main areas of responsibility
- Production and review of monthly/annual financial accounts
- Production of monthly cashflows/budgets forecasts
- Year-end reporting processes
- Prepare sales invoices and analysis reports
- Reconciliation of key control accounts - debtors/creditors
- Operate and manage the payroll function
- Preparation and filing of annual corporation tax returns
- Preparation and filing of regular VAT returns
- Dealing with year-end auditors
- Management of the banking function to include payments, receipts, reconciliations etc.
- Preparation of the management accounts for different client companies/accounts
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Commencement of Accountancy qualification and/or Degree in Accountancy
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Bright, confident, and ambitious
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong team player
- Good initiative with strong problem-solving skills
The ideal candidate will come from an Irish SME and not from a multinational background. This is an end to end accounts assistant role and not a shared services environment.
Salary: €40,000 - €45,000 + bens
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.