Our client, a leading supplier of spirits and wines is seeking an experienced Analytical Chemist to join their Technical team. This organisation is continuing to grow its footprint in Cork and globally, providing tangible career opportunities.
Reporting to the Head of Analytical and Technical Development, key areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to:
- Performing routine GC and LC analysis of spirit products in a timely manner
- Calibrating and daily checking of the laboratory equipment according to the established laboratory procedures
- Maintaining and preparing analytical standards and solutions
- Performing wet chemistry testing
- Demonstrating problem solving in delivering process and analytical understanding
- Writing laboratory documentation, protocols and reports
Key experience and competencies include:
- 3+ years' analytical laboratory experience as Analyst or Chemist
- A BSc or MSc in Analytical Chemistry/Forensic Science or other related discipline
- Previous experience in an industrial environment is desirable but not essential
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of chromatographic techniques (GC, LC, GC-MS, wet chemistry methods)
- Good investigative capability and ability to document and communicate results
- Precise and accurate in weighing, pipetting, solution / standard preparation
- Working in a collaborative manner at all times whilst ensuring day to day activities are achieved
An excellent package is on offer along with tangible career opportunities.
Contact Paul Wheatley in HRM to discover more about this opportunity on +353214511190 for a confidential discussion.