Our client is a hugely exciting and progressive market leader with a well-recognised brand globally. They have huge focus on their values, their employee engagement and their customers and you will be part of a hugely commercial team based out of Dublin City Centre.
The Analytics and Planning Manager will be sitting on the leadership team within the commercial business. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will play a key role in developing category and brand pricing strategies for the business unit and partnering across the commercial function to develop world class customer plans. The role will lead the evaluation and tracking of customer terms and promotional spend for the business unit and managing the planning cycle for annual customer and business volumes.
The position is intended to be an interim position and will have potential to develop into a longer-term opportunity within the business for the right individual.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Managing and supporting the customer planning cycle with robust governance, set approach / templates and strong outputs.
- Ensuring strong customer engagement in the commercial process through supporting Key Account Managers with planning and attending quarterly customer reviews.
- Development and support of category and brand pricing strategies, periodic RRP and list price reviews
- Driving pricing methodology and support effective pricing benchmarks.
- Business Partner to Director and Commercial Managers - category marketing & sales to grow capability and develop category pricing strategies.
- Management of Volume process including the weekly sales meeting, develop, challenge and agree with the sales team to deliver on agreed volumes by channel, customer and SKU.
- Supporting the management of the promotional spend budget and insure in line with Plan and Latest estimates.
- Performing promotional evaluations to ensure value for money and spend allocated to activities that drive the most volume and profit.
- Evaluating and tracking customer terms and agreement and payments and benchmark best practice internationally.
- Providing insightful and forward-looking trend analysis based on market developments.
- Supporting the Director on projects and commercial planning requirements.
In order to be considered for this Analytics and Planning Manager contract role, you will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with relevant commercial experience in a similar role within an FMCG business.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- Being a qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have approximately 5-7 years' post qualification experience in FMCG in a commercial role.
- Possessing demonstrable experience operating as a senior analyst or at a senior level within a larger blue-chip business.
- Having a strong working knowledge of sales, pricing and margin analysis and the provision of accurate and timely information to drive decisions.
- Experience of working directly sales, marketing and other functions who delivery to customers across multiple international markets and/or within an FMCG environment.
- Having excellent communications skills and evidence of co-ordinating multiple stakeholders to achieve results.
- Possessing strong systems experience (ideally with SAP) and excellent Excel skills.
- You will demonstrate a solid analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy essential.
- Hugely progressive opportunity in the market leader in the sector
- Great working environment and exposure to very high-quality individual
- Opportunity to get experience in a Blue-Chip environment
- Excellent remuneration package
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.