A leading Irish food supplier is looking to hire a talented Quality professional to join their growing Quality Department on site at their Dublin facility. This organisation have a huge food product portfolio and supply into all major retailers as well as the food service sector.
There is currently an opening for an Assistant Quality Manager on a permanent basis. They will report to and work alongside the Quality Manager and the Managing Director.
Some of the Assistant QM duties will include:
- Assess the compliance of systems, facilities, and procedures through internal audits and assessments, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and company specifications.
- Carry out traceability/mock recall exercises to monitor adherence to site traceability procedure.
- Develop specifications for new products to ensure products are produced correctly by production.
- Carry out microbiological and chemical sampling of product and environment for analysis by external lab. Ensure results are meeting the set standards.
- Approved suppliers and review document accordingly.
- Carry out hygiene audits of the relevant areas and monitor and support corrective and preventative actions.
- Communicate non-conformances to the relevant sections and ensure corrective action plans are identified and implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
- Co-ordinate and investigate customer complaints and record as per procedure.
- Knowledge of quality standards and regulations (e.g. GMP, HACCP, Tesco standard and BRC).
- Candidate should hold a bachelor's degree in food science or related discipline.
- Previous work experience in a food production environment.
- A motivated team player with excellent communication skills and great attention to detail.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Helena Boyle at HRM on +353 1 6321870 or 0873360953 for a confidential discussion.