This successful Irish FMCG organisation are exporting high quality produce internationally with progress underway to break into China and the US markets over the coming months. An exciting position has opened up for an Assistant Technical Manager to join their Technical team.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Technical Manager will include:
- Manage the approval of new raw material, packaging or miscellaneous suppliers.
- Assist Technical Manager in implementing the internal audit programme to ensure Quality System compliance.
- Participate fully in external audits for food safety and quality audits for customers, governing bodies (BRC/ Dept. of Agriculture) and other regulatory authorities.
- Implement microbiological, chemical and physical testing schedules in accordance with agreed programme and budget.
- Report non-conformances and drive root cause analysis.
- Drive and implement plant wide Process & Quality System Improvements.
- Challenge processes food safety systems and maintain and review the plans as part of the HACCP team.
- Ensure raw material, process and finished product evaluation and verification is completed as required within production.
- Manage queries or complaints from customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the document control and maintenance of the Quality Management System.
The ideal candidate will have qualifications and experience in the following:
- 3-5 years in a similar role in a FMCG or food retail environment.
- Diploma or higher in a Food Science related subject
- Internal auditor certification is preferential
- Level 5 or higher HACCP certification
- A good understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems with strong knowledge of food legislation, BRC Global Food Standard and specific customer standards and Codes of Practice
- Ability to communicate effectively with and present to Customers, suppliers, stakeholders & Senior Management
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Helena Boyle at HRM on +353 1 6321870 or 0873360953 for a confidential discussion.