A leading bio-pharmaceutical organisation are expanding multiple facilities within their European network. They have released a new position, Associate Director of Engineering Projects, to lead projects supporting this growth phase. The company employs over 3,000 staff in Ireland alone and have sites in France, Spain, Belgium, Austria & Germany. Initially this role will focus on a new project in Leinster however the scope will expand to other European destinations so availability to travel is required.
As a key member of the European Engineering team you will be involved in project management of large cap-ex work across key sites within the network. This is a challenging position and will require flexibility to travel to multiple Irish sites as well as European locations during crucial stages of the various projects.
As Associate Director you will report to the Director of European Engineering, this is a single-contributor position in which you will:
- Work within a peer group of approximately 6 others and liaise closely with on-site teams within each project you undertake
- Be involved with tech-transfers, new product introductions, manufacturing process design and process-optimisation projects
- Support the resolution of deviations; running investigations across equipment and process deviations, system failures and under-performance ensuring root cause analysis is carried out, a solution is delivered, and corrective actions are implemented across systems and equipment
- Contribute to lean initiatives within engineering specifically focused on process improvements impacting supply of product
- Facilitate process optimisation projects
- Collaborate closely with external manufacturing partners and affiliates within the European network where required
- Work closely with cross functional teams to deliver engineering projects - quality, supply-chain, manufacturing etc.
- Support the resolution of production issues from a process perspective
- Third level degree in a technical discipline
- Have a minimum of 8-10 years' working in a GMP environment
- Six-Sigma certified
- Be collaborative in your approach to work and be an effective communicator
- Engage cross functionally to deliver on process improvement projects in conjunction with a site-based team
- Thorough understanding of quality compliance operating standards
- Autonomous and a self-starter
- €80,000 - €95,000
- Performance bonus - 9%
- Family healthcare plan
- Pension contribution fund
- Life assurance (four times salary)
- Subsidised canteen
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aisling Clements at HRM on +353 1 632 1883 for a confidential discussion.