Our client is a global leader in the biotech sector who are investing heavily in their Irish presence. This involves the construction of a new state-of-the-art biologics drug substance manufacturing facility in Munster. As a result of the investment, and to support the new start-up, this organisation is hiring top talent into their site. They are currently hiring an experienced Associate Director QC Microbiology to join their operation.
As Associate Director QC Microbiology, you will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, and governance for the QC Microbiology Laboratory Team to ensure delivery of operational and scientific excellence.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Share technical expertise in microbiology testing and associated regulatory requirements.
- Recruit and develop team members to deliver scientific excellence in microbiology.
- Develop future leaders within the function and facility.
- Have a business management, site management and team management role (consistent with the Associate Director position across site).
During the startup phase, key responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical guidance to team members and build technical capability within the team.
- Build the organisation with the necessary capability, capacity and culture to operate this facility to the highest standards of excellence.
- Develop and implement the systems and processes needed to run the site, leveraging existing company knowledge and practices where necessary, but also incorporating external experiences and learning.
- Support the Project Team as they deliver the facility, by providing feedback and support on decisions and strategies etc.. Collaborate with them to ensure the right decisions are made to meet project deliverables and longer-term strategic goals for the site.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in microbiology, biotechnology, biochemistry, or similar discipline.
- 5+ years working in a large molecule GMP manufacturing environment (pharmaceutical/biologics laboratory environment).
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in leadership across functional team
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Déanna Healy at HRM Search Partners on +353 87 6369263 for a confidential discussion.