Our client is a multinational medical device organisation who require an Automation Technician to be based at their site in South Dublin. The organisation manufacture and design medical devices for a worldwide client base ranging from SMEs to multinational organisations.
The Automation Technician will be a member of the development team that will support the development of new and improved production equipment along with the upgrade of existing equipment. In addition, you will:
- Provide automation technical support to the site development function with the introduction of new equipment, materials, products and processes
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all control systems currently in use across the entire site including PLC's, motion systems, vision systems, electrical & safety systems and networks
- Provide inputs into equipment design reviews
- You will have to liaise with vendors, suppliers and local engineering shops to continuously improve the manufacturing equipment, reducing downtime and waste
You will have:
- A minimum of 4 years' automation experience within high volume manufacturing
- Hold an Engineering degree or a National Craft Cert plus additional specialised training
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Proficient in Allen Bradley / Rockwell Automation PLC products with an ability to understand complex programming functions and write code from specification
This position offers a competitive salary with an excellent package along with superb working conditions
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact James Colbert at HRM on +353 1 6321840 for a confidential discussion.