This leading global biologics organisation provides comprehensive integrated and services to the biopharmaceutical and related industry sectors from contract development services to contract manufacturing services. Recently, this business has announced expansions into regions such as the U.S and Ireland, where a significant investment has been undertaken to build a new cell culture green-field manufacturing site. Once built, this manufacturing site will be the largest single use biologics manufacturing plant globally and will employ around 400 staff. This site has been designed to run continuous bio-processing, a next-generation manufacturing technology which will be implemented for the first time at this site. With this expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Automation Engineer to join the organisation at the start-up phase in leading this business through construction and into manufacturing.
The Automation Engineer will act as a System Owner for the site DeltaV systems. In this role, you will develop automation strategies, plan and execute system roadmaps and support new technology deployment in alignment with Corporate platform leads. In Addition,you will:
- Lead technical root cause analysis, incident investigations and troubleshooting issues related to electrical, instrumentation and equipment control systems.
- Lead and support system improvements, development of detailed specification, engineering documents, and standard operating procedures.
- System owner responsibilities such as change control, maintenance, backup/restore and disaster recovery and regulatory compliance.
The Automation Engineer will have a minimum of 5 years' experience within high volume manufacturing within Biologics/Pharma sectors.
As the Automation Engineer, you will also have demonstrated expertise within the following areas:
- Hands on experience with lifecycle management of DeltaV software, hardware and infrastructure with extensive understanding and background in design, programming and installation.
- Experience in Drug Substance Operations with Mammalian Cell Culture, Protein Purification, Media and Buffer Preparation, Clean Utilities, CIP, SIP and Production Services.
- Direct experience in process control engineering and troubleshooting with bioreactors, centri-fuges, chromatography columns and systems, and/or ultrafiltration/diafiltration systems.
- Experience with Tech Transfer, Process Design, and Commissioning.
This is a permanent position and comes with an excellent package along with superb working conditions.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aisling Clements at HRM on +353 1 6321883 for a confidential discussion.