Our client is a truly global business operating across over 40 countries and with recent performance this has positioned them as a genuine market leader in the healthcare sector. They are highly focussed and with a recent substantial multi-million euro investment will continue to lead into the future. As such they require an Automation Engineer to join their team in Waterford.
- Develop, design and implement cost justified process and equipment improvements with minimal impact to production operating under 24/7 environment.
- Identify and eliminate repetitious machine failures.
- Provide consultative support to the manufacturing and maintenance groups.
- Utilise Lean Six Sigma tools and data to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement safety and quality improvements.
- Develop methods to ensure personnel engaged in operations\maintenance activities have sufficient knowledge to perform their assigned tasks
- Prepare design specifications and associated documentation for equipment and system upgrades.
- Fault-finding \ troubleshooting of equipment and process issues.
- Installation, commissioning and validation of automation.
- Implement improvements under change control.
- Develop functional and detailed design specifications from formal and informal user requirement specifications.
- Be familiar with 21 CFR part 820 guidelines
- Present, where appropriate, technical data to internal/external audit and inspection groups.
- Ensure health and safety regulations and procedure are adhered to always for self and others.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (mechanical \ electronic) preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in technical role in high volume manufacturing environment.
- Solidworks experience preferred.
- Six sigma experience preferred.
- Good problem-solving abilities - able to identify facts, consider alternative approaches and evaluate the most appropriate action.
- Medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Experience working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control is preferred.
- Attractive salary and benefits package on offer for the successful candidate.
- Long-term career progression.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Anna Carey on +353 21 4511193 for a confidential discussion.