This leading global biologic organisation provides comprehensive integrated and customisable services to some of the largest biopharma and pharma organisations globally. Over the last 18 months, this business has expanded across Europe and the United States. A significant investment has been undertaken to build a new cell culture manufacturing plant alongside a vaccine facility and packaging operation within their newly established campus in Leinster. This site has been designed to run continuous bioprocessing, a next-generation manufacturing technology, which will be implemented for the first time at this site. Once complete, the site will employ in the region of 600 staff.
The Automation group is continuing to expand as the project progresses and are looking to identify a talented engineer with extensive knowledge of Siemens.
This position sits within the Automation team providing engineering day to day and project support within this high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment, and will be responsible for and involved in troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production processes and equipment.
In addition, you will:
- Provide automation and technical support to ensure stable, efficient, and robust operations at the site
- Maintain the plant engineering areas in an inspection ready, GMP compliant state
- Support the continuous improvement of all automated equipment using Lean Six Sigma techniques
- Lead route-cause analysis
- Conduct risk assessments and mitigation projects relating to system performance
- Support new product introductions through engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs
- Design, commission and implement automation code and equipment changes as required
The incumbent Automation Engineer will have a minimum of 4 years' automation experience within a highly regulated manufacturing business such as Biologics/Pharma sectors. A third level Degree in a technical discipline is also required.
As the Automation Engineer, you will also have demonstrated expertise with the following specific technologies:
- Excellent control systems automation background focused specifically around installation, programming, validation and lifecycle maintenance of automated equipment
- Experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting, SCADA Systems, Profibus networking and OSIsoft PI Data Historian - Siemens PLCs / SCADA and HMIs a strong advantage.
- Supervisory Control Systems (SCADA) e.g. Siemens WinCC, Siemens TIA Portal, Wonderware.
- Flexible approach to work and a positive attitude will be a good fit with the team dynamic
- Be collaborative and an effective communicator
- Engage cross functionally to deliver on process improvement projects in conjunction with a site-based team
- Autonomous with the ability to work on your own initiative
This position offers a competitive salary with benefits including:
- Performance bonus - 8%
- Personal healthcare plan
- Pension contribution scheme
- Life assurance package
- Parking on-site
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aisling Clements at HRM on +353 87 7521041 for a confidential discussion.