Our client is a well-established food manufacturing company. They are renowned for providing consumers with high quality, healthy food. Due to continuous expansion a new position for Automation engineer has arisen at their Co. Cork Facility.
* Programming, implementation and documentation of changes to the process automation code and systems hardware. (Rockwell Allen Bradley PLCs, Siemens and others)
* Provide automation support to production, including troubleshooting and issue resolution.
* Lead process automation review with the production operating teams to identify process improvement opportunities through automation upgrades
* Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment and support other functions in driving performance improvements across sites
* Manage process automation interfacing with MES, ERP & IT systems.
* Programming experience in Siemens and HMI process automation systems
* 5+ years' experience in programming within large scale process manufacturing,preferably in the Dairy, Food & Beverage or Pharma industry.
* In Depth knowledge and experience on TIA Portal and SCADA (Intouch & WinCC) an absolute requirement.
* Knowledge of RIO panels (Remote IO panels)
* Knowledge of Ethernet IP, boot strapping configuration of hardware and debugging
* Knowledge of AS-i preferable but not a requirement
* Knowledge of instrumentation configuration e.g. Flow meters, Conductivity meters, Motor Variable Speed drives etc.
* Knowledge of Kepware or other OPC interface
* Advanced knowledge of SQL
* Ability to read P&IDs, electrical diagrams and translate onto HMI screen
* Successful track record of project execution/ delivery
* Attractive package on offer for the successful candidate
* Long-term career progression
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Anna Carey on +353 873928655 for a confidential discussion.