This leading global biologics organisation provides comprehensive integrated and customisable services to the biopharmaceutical and related industry sectors from contract development services to contract manufacturing services. Recently, this business has announced expansions into regions such as the U.S and Ireland, where a significant investment has been undertaken to build a new cell culture green-field manufacturing site. Once built, this manufacturing site will be the largest single use biologics manufacturing plant globally and will employ around 400 staff. This site has been designed to run continuous bio-processing, a next-generation manufacturing technology which will be implemented for the first time at this site. With this expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Automation Engineer to join the organisation at the start-up phase in leading this business through construction and into manufacturing.
The Automation Engineer will sit on the Automation team providing engineering day to day and project support within the high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment, and will be responsible for and involved in troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production processes and equipment, at first throughout the construction of the site. In this role you will:
- Provide automation and technical support to ensure stable, efficient and robust operations at the site
- Maintain the plant engineering areas in an inspection-ready, GMP compliant state
- Support the continuous improvement of all automated equipment using Lean / Six Sigma and Project Management techniques
- Conduct risk assessments and mitigation projects relating to system performance
- Control, develop and modify process software
- Design, commission and implement automation code and equipment changes
The Automation Engineer will have a minimum of 5 years' automation experience within high volume manufacturing within Biologics/Pharma sectors. A BEng in Engineering is required.
As Automation Engineer, you will also have demonstrated expertise with the following specific technologies:
- Delta V
- Supervisory Control Systems (SCADA) e.g. Siemens WinCC, Siemens TIA Portal, Wonderware
- PLC Controls, Siemens and/or Allen Bradley
- Process Data Management Systems, OSI PI
- Siemens Desigo BMS
There are both permanent and contract positions available and come with an excellent package along with superb working conditions.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact James Colbert at HRM on +353 1 6321840 for a confidential discussion.