Our client is a truly global business operating across over 40 countries and with recent performance this has positioned them as a genuine market leader in the healthcare sector. They are highly focussed and with a recent substantial multi-million euro investment will continue to lead into the future. As such they require an Automation Engineer to join their team in Waterford.
* Develop, design and implement cost justified process and equipment improvements with minimal impact to production operating under 24/7 environment.
* Identify and eliminate repetitious machine failures.
* Provide consultative support to the manufacturing and maintenance groups.
* Utilise Lean Six Sigma tools and data to drive continuous improvement.
* Develop and implement safety and quality improvements.
* Develop methods to ensure personnel engaged in operations\maintenance activities have sufficient knowledge to perform their assigned tasks
* Prepare design specifications and associated documentation for equipment and system upgrades.
* Fault-finding \ troubleshooting of equipment and process issues.
* Installation, commissioning and validation of automation.
* Implement improvements under change control.
* Develop functional and detailed design specifications from formal and informal user requirement specifications.
* Be familiar with 21 CFR part 820 guidelines
* Present, where appropriate, technical data to internal/external audit and inspection groups.
* Ensure health and safety regulations and procedure are adhered to always for self and others.
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering (mechanical \ electronic) preferred.
* A minimum of 3-5 years in technical role in high volume manufacturing environment.
* Solidworks experience preferred.
* Six sigma experience preferred.
* Good problem-solving abilities - able to identify facts, consider alternative approaches and evaluate the most appropriate action.
* Medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
* Experience working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control is preferred.
* Attractive salary and benefits package on offer for the successful candidate.
* Long-term career progression.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Anna Carey on +353 21 4511193 for a confidential discussion.