This leading global biologics organisation provides and offers comprehensive integrated and customisable services to the biopharmaceutical and related industry sectors from contract development services right through to contract manufacturing services and some of the largest biopharma and pharma organisations globally. Recently, this business has announced expansions into geographies such as the U.S and most recently Ireland, where a significant investment has been undertaken to build a new cell culture green-field manufacturing site which once built, will be the largest single use biologics manufacturing plant globally. This site has been designed to run continuous bioprocessing, a next-generation manufacturing technology which will be implemented for the first time at this site. Once complete, the site will employ in the region of 400 staff. With this expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Automation Engineer to join the organisation at the start-up phase in leading this business through construction and into manufacturing.
The Automation Engineer will sit on the Automation team providing engineering day to day and project support within the high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment, and will be responsible for and involved in troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production processes and equipment, at first throughout the construction of the site. In addition you will:
- Provide automation and technical support to ensure stable, efficient and robust operations at the site
- Maintain the plant engineering areas in an inspection-ready, GMP compliant state
- Support the continuous improvement of all automated equipment using Lean / Six Sigma and Project Management techniques
- Conduct risk assessments and mitigation projects relating to system performance
- Control, develop and modify process software
- Design, commission and implement automation code and equipment changes
The incumbent Automation Engineer will have a minimum of 5 years' automation experience within high volume manufacturing within Biologics/Pharma sectors. A BEng in Engineering is required.
As Automation Engineer, you will also have demonstrated expertise with the following specific technologies:
- Delta V
- Supervisory Control Systems (SCADA) e.g. Siemens WinCC, Siemens TIA Portal, Wonderware
- PLC Controls, Siemens and/or Allen Bradley
- Process Data Management Systems, OSI PI
- Siemens Desigo BMS
This position offers a competitive salary with an excellent package along with superb working conditions.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact James Colbert at HRM on +353 1 6321840 for a confidential discussion.