A leading biopharmaceutical organisation who are currently building a new state-of-the-art facility in Leinster are looking to expand their on-site automation engineering group. This is the company's first venture into the Irish market and will support customer delivery across European markets. Currently, the business employs over 3,000 staff globally within the biologics arm of their healthcare division and have recently started construction on a new site in the US as well as acquiring a drug-product site in Germany.
The business consists of five core operations including Small Molecule Therapeutics R&D - Manufacturing and Testing, Biological Therapeutics R&D and Manufacturing, Gene and Cell Therapies Manufacturing, Medical Device Testing and finally Genomics and Molecular Diagnostics. As a leading biologic services provider, the business offers comprehensive, integrated and customised services to over 200 clients globally including 13 of the top 20 biopharmaceutical company's worldwide.
As an experienced leader within the site automation team, you will be involved in planning for operational readiness and work closely with the project team around system implementation. This is a challenging position within a start-up environment and will require flexibility and a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Reporting into the Associate Director of Automation; this position sits within a new team and will also manage a team of engineers - both staff and contractors.
- You will work closely with this group allocating work, prioritise workloads and overseeing performance appraisals for the group.
- Expertise in designing and mapping sustaining work in addition to ongoing operational support plans
- Draft disaster recovery plans for the site.
- Support complete SAT's, IQ and OQ Protocols.
- Liaise closely with business partners and internal stakeholders to support manufacturing operations successfully
- You will support the resolution of deviations; running investigations across equipment and processes, system failures and under-performance ensuring root cause analysis is carried out, a solution is delivered, and corrective actions are implemented as required.
- Contribute to lean initiatives within engineering specifically focused on process improvements impacting operational activities.
- Support the resolution of production issues from an automation perspective.
- All applications must have a Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years' experience within a manufacturing environment.
- The right person will have experience within a highly regulated GMP manufacturing operation -Biotech or chemical sectors preferable.
- Hands on experience with lifecycle management of DeltaV or Siemens software, hardware and infrastructure with extensive understanding and background in programming and installation.
- Flexible approach to work and a positive attitude will be a good fit with the team dynamic.
- Be collaborative and a genuine team player.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and experience working on succession plans and mentoring others.
- Engage cross functionally to deliver on process improvement projects in conjunction with a site-based team.
- €85,000 - €95,000
- Performance bonus
- Personal healthcare plan
- Pension contribution scheme
- Life assurance
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aisling Clements at HRM on +353 1 632 1883 for a confidential discussion.