Our client is a world leader in analytical testing across the pharmaceutical and biologics industry sectors. With more than a 50,000 headcount globally and revenue of €4.7 billion in 2020, they are in a steady and sustained growth phase. We have been retained exclusively to support the recruitment of an experienced Biopharmaceutical Team Leader to join an expanding team at their facility in Waterford.
The Biopharmaceutical Team Leader will be responsible for effectively supervising members of the biopharma team.
Duties and responsibilities of the Biopharmaceutical Team Leader will include but are not limited to:
- To effectively manage all members of their team including areas such as work rotas, productivity, training & development, housekeeping, safety, quality, documentation, etc. to ensure the laboratory is run at maximum efficiency.
- To manage online reporting on LIMS, scheduling the work from start to sign off, developing and checking customer reports in a timely manner so as customer expectations are met consistently.
- To perform analysis as requested to ensure that customer's deadlines are met.
- To review test methods for quotation purposes.
- To handle any customer related queries where necessary and liaise with their team to solve these queries if needed.
- To ensure all relevant documentation is authorised and filed accurately in line with company procedures.
- To participate in routine regulatory and customer inspections.
- To ensure that all analysts are trained and have completed training records for all tests and other training completed.
- To ensure equipment is properly maintained and in the event of a breakdown that it is repaired in accordance with company procedures (with reference to timeliness, quality and cost.)
- To ensure that customers' requirements are fully met and in so doing be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- BSc and 7+ years' experience in a GMP analytical laboratory is desirable
- 2+ years' supervisory experience is desirable
- Ability to coordinate, schedule and prioritise analytical work
- Excellent technical ability and strong, proven leadership skills
- Passionate about quality and customer service
- Good team player, organised, accurate, strong documentation skills
- Good communication skills both internally and externally
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Maeve Fahey at HRM on +353 1 6321885 for a confidential discussion.