Our client is the world's largest producer of several speciality healthcare products and employs 10,000+ staff globally. They run over two dozen manufacturing facilities across the world. To support their continued business growth, strategic objectives, and ongoing business operations there is a significant volume of complex, strategic capital projects. A capital expenditure governance, strategic capital projects, they seek a Capital Expenditure Manager to join their organisation to drive oversight of the capital portfolio.
The Capital Expenditure Manager will oversee core aspects of the capital governance process, working closely with senior executives on spend vs plan, identifying trends and opportunities. This role will ensure the correct controls are in place to accurately track, manage and plan spend in line with budgets and strategy.
- Monitor capital portfolio spend versus annual budget.
- Identify trends in capital spend that may result in overspend/underspend by project.
- Ensure robust processes, systems and reporting in place to monitor capital portfolio spend versus annual target.
- Agree optimal governance and reporting cadence with finance to support the monthly and annual Capital Governance process.
- Prepare the monthly capital reporting summary pack for submission to senior executives.
- Support capital site leads and project managers with project costing and analysis.
- Report to senior executives on capital expenditure versus plan, identifying key trends and opportunities - chairing meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure timely escalation to site leads and platform VPs of capital spend trending off track.
- Prepare and report on key capital KPIs for the business.
- Provide support for tracking and follow up of actions from the Capital governance meetings.
- Ensure clear roles and responsibilities for end-to-end capital management and clearly defined and communicated.
- Work with platform VPs, Site Capital Leads, Finance, Project Managers and PMO's to ensure capital management requirements are clearly communicated, understood.
- Identify best practice tools for financial management and forecasting.
- Ensure the correct systems and templates in place to support business case/new capital submission/approvals.
- Ensure the correct systems and templates in place to support project costing and benefits realisation.
- Maintain and improve the current capital reporting capabilities.
- Coach and mentor others on capital governance process and related tools and templates.
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting/economics.
- Minimum of 5 years capital management experience
- Manufacturing/Healthcare/Pharmaceutical/Regulatory experience is desirable.
- Experience in a mature organisation is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of working with global, multi-disciplinary, cross functional teams.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management and communication skills to build impact and influence.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Teamwork, collaboration, and the ability to build effective partnerships with both business and technical stakeholders at all levels of an organisation is an essential requirement of this role.
- Some international travel may be required as part of this role.
Salary: Up to €100,000 + Benefits package.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.