My client, a leading Irish manufacturing company based in Mallow in Cork are seeking a dynamic, focused, forward thinking Cost & Management Accountant to join their Finance team.
This organisation has a very large finance team and as such, opportunities to develop and grow your career will be offered.
The Cost & Manufacturing Accountant reports to the Site Accountant, with 2 junior team members who make up the rest of the team.
You will play a key role in the generation of reliable and accurate weekly/monthly KPI reports which facilitate effective Management decision making. You will also generate weekly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Monthly Management Accounts, and the Annual Financial Budget.
- Assist in the provision of detailed weekly financial and non-financial operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Prepare and assist in the completion of the Weekly P&L, highlighting and commentating on significant variances against budget.
- Support in the preparation of monthly and year-end management accounts. This may involve inventory close-off reconciliations, journal entries, the posting of accruals and pre-payments, as well as the preparation of operating cost variance analysis.
- Responsible for local daily and weekly controls.
- Participate in the preparation of the Annual Financial Budget.
- Participate and contribute to relevant Continuous Improvement activities.
- Participate in additional ad-hoc support and project work as required.
To be considered, you will be a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experience within a manufacturing environment. You will have a high degree of autonomy within this role so a candidate with an independent approach to their work would be highly regarded. Strong communication skills also required.
Salary: up to €50,000 + bonus + benefits.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.