Our client is looking to recruit an experienced and ambitious Depot Manager to oversee all functions of their Cork and Limerick depots from managing customer relations to implementing business strategies. You should have a good combination of analytical and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to a constantly evolving industry landscape.
In this role, you will be building a great team and establishing good rapport with new and existing customers and contractors. Our client is specifically looking for a natural leader who knows what it takes to guide a team to success whilst valuing teamwork, transparency, and accountability above all else. You will direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, and administration and sales. In addition, you will:
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities and risks within the sales team.
- Be responsible for maintaining all customer SLA's and procedures, attending customer meetings when required.
- Maintain strong working relationships with current customers and contractors as well as establishing good relationship with new customers for both depots.
- Work to ensure that optimum levels of productivity are always achieved while whilst meeting/exceeding goals and metrics.
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately.
- Promote a health and safety culture.
- Work to address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly.
- Adhere to high ethical standards and comply with all regulations/applicable laws.
- Attend regular training/meetings in the Head Office in Dublin and internationally as required.
- Be prepared to undertake such other work as may be assigned to you by management from time to time.
- You should have a minimum of 3-5 years' global freight forwarding experience with proven management experience is essential.
- Degree qualified is desirable but not essential.
- Strong working knowledge of the logistics industry rules and regulations.
- You should have strong communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills to effectively resolve customer and employee issues.
- You should possess leadership, motivation and human resources management skills.
- "Can do" attitude with a flexible and adaptable work ethic.
To find out more about this exceptional opportunity, you can call me directly for a confidential discussion on +353 1 632 1882.