Exciting new opportunity for a Design Solutions Engineer for a Global Medical Devices Organisation located in Dublin. With an established name in the healthcare sector, this company has a strong employer brand and exceptionally low attrition rates.
You will be part of a team, who will form the link between R&D, manufacturing, contract suppliers, customer support, marketing, and service involved in the day to day running of a product with the ability to lead problem solving activities with suppliers and manufacturing.
- Provide design solutions to technical problems within the products & processes to enhance product reliability, reduce costs and solve customer facing problems.
- Provide technical & process support on the manufacturing of medical instrumentation product platforms in a low volume, high complexity and highly regulated technology environment.
- Work closely with manufacturing, marketing, and customer service in driving solutions to meet customer needs.
- Investigate customer complaints and drive solution development with a cross functional team.
- Report on instrument health by performing Data Analysis on parts usage, complaints, field service visits and other KPI's and reporting findings to management.
- Driving projects & tasks to meet business needs at pace using Agile Scrum, always with a clear customer focus.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electronic, Systems, biomedical, systems, mechatronic engineering) with a minimum 5-year engineering experience in a related role, (Bachelor's degree in alternative discipline will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience).
- This role requires an individual with a strong aptitude for systems level thinking, experience as a Field or Applications specialist would be an advantage.
- High paced strong engineering background with a proven record in problem solving and the design / redesign of equipment.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements required (IEC, IVD, Machinery Directive etc.)
For more info, contact Laura Gallagher on 087 9383699 or email.