This opportunity is with a large consulting organisation with headquarters based out of Dublin. The Data and Analytics Team are experiencing an exciting period of growth due to the finance services sector undergoing rapid transformative changes, with recent acceleration of journeys to cloud, digitalisation, data platform modernisation and adoption of new and emerging technologies,
In response to market demand, they are looking for an experienced, client facing director with a passion for data and technology and expertise in one or more of Data and Analytics domains: Data Management, Data Quality, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and AI.
In this Director role you will lead a consulting and delivery service on a variety of data driven decision making projects, within a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams, help our clients transform and improve their business
- Lead data and analytics consulting engagements end to end, from initial conversations throughout delivery lifecycle. As a senior team member, shape and manage engagement teams
- Build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with our Financial Services Clients
- Understand the service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients across our range of services.
- Nurture valuable relationships both within the organisation and with clients, and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues
Practice and people development responsibilities:
- As a leadership team member, you will
- Lead diverse teams with varying skillsets, who use different Data and Analytics technologies. Adapt your leadership style to fit team, client and their cultural needs. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate
- Create a positive learning and growth culture and will coach, mentor and counsel more junior members of the team and help them develop
- Take a crucial role in shaping our vision and mission, as well and growing our Data and Analytics team, capabilities, skills, and experience
- Contribute to expanding our brand in the market as industry leaders by attending relevant events, collaborating with other internal teams, producing thought leadership, etc
- Participate in business development activities including client presentations and proposals
- Contribute to our internal team culture by taking a leading role in one of our practice pillars of interest to you
- Play a part in driving our thought leadership agenda by maintaining an up-to-date point of view on the latest methodologies, technologies, and emerging trends for publishing as points of view or proof of concept
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Foster an innovative, supportive, and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- This person will have a proven track record in relevant management and leadership roles in data centric projects and engagements in financial services sector
- You will have experience in delivering successful technology change outcomes, on time and to budget.
- This person will come from a strong core consulting skills including senior stakeholder management, strong written and verbal communication skills at different levels - from middle management to C-level
- You will have proven expertise in the relevant Data and Analytics domain, e.g. Data Strategy, Data Manipulation and ETL, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, Advanced Analytics and AI
- Demonstrated experience in shaping and leading high performing teams
- You will have strong financial and commercial acumen
- A completed degree (Bachelors, Masters, or PhD)
- Experience working in the financial services industry in data and analytics change projects in some of our key focus areas, such as regulatory reporting, risk, credit, fraud, customer and HR analytics
- Relevant industry certification such as Prince2, PMP, SAFe, Scrum etc