Our client is seeking an experienced logistics and trade compliance professional to lead a high performing global team based out of their Cork HQ.
- You will report into the Head of Global Logistics, working alongside the senior leadership team identifying and implementing strategies to improve processes for the global function.
- Working closely and managing long term relationships with both external and internal stakeholders.
- The Director of Global Trade compliance will ensure all regulations around import and export compliance are being adhered too with responsibility for EMEA, APAC and LATAM markets.
- You will continuously evaluate customs laws and regulations and how they impact the global business, communicating any changes or risks to business leaders.
- Leading program management for the function developing strategies with cost savings at the forefront.
- You will partner with internal stakeholders providing support around products and markets while offering risk mitigation advice where needed.
- Ensure all documentation and records relating to trade compliance activities are kept in place and easily accessible when needed in line with customs regulations.
- You will work alongside finance and legal partners to identify and select customs brokers while managing relationships, performance and SLAs.
- You will act as an SME for the Global business around trade customs activities, providing strategic advice to the business for tariff classification and export classification specific to their origin.
- You will have a bachelor's degree in, supply chain, international trade or similar.
- You will have at least 6 years' experience in global trade customs within a high-volume fast-moving business.
- Extensive knowledge in export and import processes with a clear understanding of all the relevant regulations.
- A proven track record in people development and leadership with a strategic outlook.
- You will be commercially astute with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels within a global business.
- Excellent base salary
- Health Insurance
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Ciaran at HRM on +353 1 6321830 for a confidential discussion.