Our client is seeking an EHS Manager to join their team at their plant in Cork. One of the most reputable FMCG organisations in the world with a huge market presence on a global scale, stationed in over 45 countries worldwide, this organisation devotes their time to the scientific development of food products for the health benefits of their customers.
Reporting directly to the Plant Director, as a critical leader for the site, the EHS Manager will have responsibility for the leadership and management of the Environmental, Health & Safety functions.
- Provide strategic leadership to the site regarding all aspects of EHS.
- Ensure the implementation of the EHS strategy and programmes.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all EHS legislation and corporate standards and ensure any risks are identified and managed through the site risk register.
- Manage the risk management systems. Lead the Process Safety, Machine Safety, ATEX, Environmental, Ergonomic, Fire and Workplace risk assessments.
- Propose risk mitigation plan and follow their evolution.
- Champion and positively influence a self-sustaining EHS Culture and collaborate with Leaders to enhance the culture.
- Maintain adherence to EHS Management Systems, ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and ensure a culture of continuous improvement.
- Co-ordinate the site EHS Management review meetings with Site Leadership Team.
- Lead Site and Corporate Environmental programme including environmental risks such as waste management, air emissions, wastewater and carbon footprint. Support and develop energy saving programs and implement them accordingly.
- Manage the site Wastewater Treatment Plant to ensure adherence to all legislative requirements.
- Execute the responsibilities of site according to a lawful and ethical standard.
- Govern and ensure implementation of actions plans associated with safety and environment activities at the site.
- Ensure the EHS team has the correct skills and competencies to manage the risk profile of the site; implement continued professional development plans; facilitate career progression potential.
- Ensure control of Key Safety and Environmental Elements at the site.
- Ensure that EHS procedures, programmes and practices are integrated into business operations; measure the efficacy of results; communicate lessons learned from investigations and other sources of information e.g. gap analyses, risk assessments.
- Provide EHS technical support to production and other departments.
- Ensure adequate Emergency Response and Crisis Management plans are in place for associated risks.
- in a Health Safety, Environmental or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in EHS at an industrial (Pharma or food is preferred) site
- Familiar with EHS management system: ISO 140001 and ISO 50001.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Paul Wheatley on +353873449559 for a confidential discussion.