Our client is seeking an EHS Manager to join their global operations team at their plant in Cork. One of the most reputable FMCG organisations in the world with a huge market presence on a global scale, stationed in over 11 countries worldwide, this organisation devotes their time to the scientific development of food products.
- Responsible for setting the Global Environmental, Health & Safety agenda
- Maintain current EH&S standards and lead the implementation of EHS Standards
- Develop and foster an EHS culture which will work in synergy within the framework of the site's business culture
- Act as the SME on all safety related matters, coaching on relevant legislation and internal Global Environmental Health and Safety systems
- Lead the EH&S agenda with the Plant management teams to drive the safety culture and to meet the respective site targets of risk management and accident reduction
- Lead & manage the EHS function to identify EH&S improvement opportunities and develop action plans for implementation with clear accountabilities
- Responsible for the management & reporting of functional KPIs and EH&S incidents to leadership and other key stakeholders
- Manage global programmes and facilitate best practice and sharing
- Play an integral part within the EH&S Team in developing the EH&S Strategy
- Sector expert for risk assessments: maintaining and reviewing existing assessments and conducting assessments as required including new technology or procedures
- Lead the EHS management of the corrective action program (CAPA) process, providing guidance to all associates to ensure all activities are closed in a timely manner
- Professional qualification in Health & Safety e.g. Diploma or higher
- Significant previous experience in an operational safety senior supervisory/manager role in a relevant industry (eg food & consumer goods, chemical, pharmaceutical)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to including leading global cross functional teams.
- Familiar with safety management systems (OSHAS,ISO 45000)
- Prior auditing experience (OSHAS/ISO)
- Experience in the used of safety management software systems e.g Enablon My EHS or similar)
- Experience in working with Global and diverse teams
- Prior experience in safety fundamentals e.g. risk assessment and risk reduction techniques, Chemical exposure and risk reduction
- Working knowledge of Global GHS labelling and SDS information requirements
- Graduate Member of Institute Occupational Safety & Health working towards Chartered status is highly desirable
- Ability to travel globally for approx. 15% of the time
Evident for the successful candidate is an EHS Director who will mentor, guide and support you to progress your career.
An attractive package is on offer for the successful candidate.
To discover more contact Paul Wheatley in HRM on +353 21 4511190 for a confidential discussion.