This global Irish food brand are seeking an EHS Officer to support their facility in Cork. One of the most reputable organisations in the world, they devote their time to the scientific development of food products for their customers.
Operating in a progressive and production focused EHS Team, reporting to the EHS Manager, the EHS Officer will be involved in the running of the site's Environmental, Health & Safety management system.
The key focuses of the EHS Officer will be the timely delivery of the Health & Safety targets for the site & key performance indicators.
As the EHS Officer you will also:
- Manage the operation of the site effluent treatment plant, ensuring compliance with all license and permit requirements. (effluent treatment, waste management, air emissions).
- Maintain accreditation of site ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- Managing site relationship with relevant regulatory, accreditation agencies & other stakeholders e.g. HSA, Cork County Council & site neighbours.
- Develop, implement, and execute HSE annual objectives & improvement plans in conjunction with site operations management and Business HSE Manager.
- Develop appropriate strategies for implementation of new or revised policies and regulations in conjunction with site operations management and Business HSE Manager.
- Identify site HSE training needs, develop appropriate resources, and execute training sessions for employees and management staff as required.
- Support site supervisors with the investigation of HSE incidents at the site. Where necessary, lead investigation process and/or collaborate with appropriate corporate staff on serious incidents.
- Partner with Human Resources on Occupational health concerns and address issues in a timely manner.
- Manage site security arrangements & compliance with the Food Defence policy.
- BSc (hons) Degree in EHS, Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years' EHS experience.
- In depth knowledge of HSE regulations including HSA, EPA, and local requirements.
- Critical thinking, project management, problem solving skills required.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Wheatley at HRM on +353 21 451 1190 for a confidential discussion.