Our client is one of Ireland's leading food producers. They are an organisation that continues to grow its footprint in Cork and as such, they require an EHS Specialist to join their team.
- Driving a safety culture at site level for both employees and contractors.
- Providing advice and support and actively assisting the operations teams in implementing current best practice.
- Developing and implementing EH&S policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Completing Retail EHS Audits (including extensive report writing) and managing compliance with the Company Risk Management System and all other EHS systems.
- Reporting and Investigation of EH&S accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Reporting KPI's on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Managing the closeout of all regulatory and insurance actions.
- Assisting in the completion of all EH&S Risk Assessments, implementation of controls, and maintenance of associated documentation.
- Maintaining Emergency Response Plans and provisions.
- Provision of EH&S training in line with associated training needs analysis and training calendar.
- Liaising with the Occupational Health Advisor to manage and maintain an effective Occupational Health and Hygiene programme.
- Coordinating and maintaining effective employee communication and consultation forums including quarterly forums with Health and Safety committees.
- Promoting and maintaining Environmental best practice ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and implement appropriate controls as directed.
You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role in a food manufacturing environment. A Bachelors degree in Science / Engineering is required.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Paul Wheatley on +353873449559 for a confidential discussion.