This leading global biologics organisation provides comprehensive integrated and customisable services to the biopharmaceutical and related industry sectors from contract development services to contract manufacturing services. Recently, this business has announced expansions into regions such as the U.S and Ireland, where a significant investment has been undertaken to build a new cell culture green-field manufacturing site. Once built, this manufacturing site will be the largest single use biologics manufacturing plant globally and will employ around 400 staff. This site has been designed to run continuous bio-processing, a next-generation manufacturing technology which will be implemented for the first time at this site. With this expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer to join the organisation at the start-up phase in leading this business through construction and into manufacturing.
The Electrical Engineer will own, control and manage the site electrical network throughout the facility to deliver a system capable of safe and continuous supplies to all points and users without interruption or impact. You will ensure a contemporary design, a safe and compliant start up and when in sustaining, an effective electrical network, controls and monitoring system. In this role you will:
- Act as SME for all site electrical systems.
- Oversee the timely completion of Electrical work orders and resolve issues if required.
- Lead the Electrical Safety Standard program implementation and Lockout/Tagout implementation.
- Assist with continuous and reliable supply of electricity across the site.
- Plan & schedule electrical maintenance and support audits on the Electrical Safety program.
The Electrical Engineer will have a minimum of 7 years' electrical experience within high volume manufacturing within Biologics/Pharma sectors. A BEng in Engineering or similar is required. As Electrical Engineer, you will also have demonstrated expertise within the following areas:
- Demonstrated capability within the Audit environment.
- Ability to lead & motivate multi-skilled maintenance technicians.
- In depth understanding of utilities equipment, mechanical, electrical & controls.
- Ability to maintain a strong link with the key customer and support teams in the Engineering and Operations units.
This is a permanent position and comes with an excellent package along with superb working conditions.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact James Colbert at HRM on +353 1 6321840 for a confidential discussion.