The main focus of this role is to oversee the design team on key projects within the business. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team to deliver medium to large scale projects across a number of sites in Ireland. A focus on design is essential and experience working within HV electrical design, preferable sub-station work is an essential part of this role.
- Reporting to the Technical Director, this role will work closely with external consultants on technical designs, drawing and submittals.
- You will take ownership for the delivery of a number of energy generation projects integrating each into the existing network for power distribution.
- Lead technical consultation meetings with various stakeholders both internal and external to the business.
- Track the project progress and alfin with the construction schedule to ensure timely delivery.
- Support the commissioning process and ensure all phases are adhered to and completed in line with regulatory standards.
- Attend site inspections and resolve technical queries as they arise.
- Identify and undertake internal and external communication requirements to promote the brand and project updates within the team as required.
- You must have a 3rd level Degree in Engineering or relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working within HV design (220 / 110kV transmission) and a thorough understanding of power distribution systems.
- You will be able to demonstrate proficiency using Revit, CAD or other relevant 3-D modelling packages.
- Have a thorough understating of current regulations - ETCOI Standards, CIBSE Regs and EN Standards.
- Have a hands-on, collaborative approach to work and problem solving.
- You will be an assertive communicator, well-organised and articulate.
- A 'can-do' attitude and willingness to learn are important characteristics to the success of any individual joining this team.
- Annual performance-based bonus - 10%
- Full family healthcare plan
- DC Pension scheme
- Subsidised gym membership program
- 25 days annual leave
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aisling at HRM on +353 87 7521041 for a confidential discussion.