Our client is a well-established retailer who is currently experiencing organisational transformation and growth. The main purpose of the Employee Relations Business Partner will be to provide employee relations expertise to the business and play a crucial part in the creation and implementation of employee relations strategy, People Plan and the business transformation journey. You will be joining an organisation whose culture is known to be that of transparency and collaboration and who are at the forefront of their plan to reshape their overall growth.
As the Employee Relations Business Partner, you will provide expert employee relations advice and input into business change programmes. This includes partnering with People Partners and CoE's to ensure the effective delivery and end- to-end management of operational or transformational change which can include, when necessary, supporting or leading trade union negotiations/consultation.
- Contribute to the development of the employee relations and business change strategies and goals for the ROI.
- Develop and deliver toolkits, training interventions, and upskilling strategies in close collaboration with key stakeholders to increase managers' ER capability and confidence and ensure that policies are applied correctly, that co-workers' experiences are improved, that business change is implemented effectively, and that trade union partners are appropriately engaged.
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement by asking for input, creating measurements, incorporating ideas, and learning how to improve policies and procedures and assess their efficacy.
- Establish and maintain strong working connections with UK Policy and ER specialists to ensure that ROI and UK policy and people initiatives are aligned and collaboratively promote the brand while minimising any ER risks or difficulties across the company operation.
- Work effectively to collaborate with the rest of the Ireland People Team by sharing knowledge and ideas, and acting as a fully engaged team member to help co-workers carry out all aspects of the People Plan and be a high-performance team.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced employee relations professional with a strong HR background and be a member of CIPD with at least 7+ years' experience operating at a senior management level.
You will also have:
- In depth knowledge and experience of working in a complex, fast paced employee relations function with recognised trade unions.
- Demonstrable experience of managing positive trade union relationships, including partnership working, collective consultation, pay bargaining and dispute resolution.
- The capacity to make quick decisions while developing and putting into practice business-plan-compliant solutions. Excellent understanding of Irish employment legislation and current trends, with experience of managing complex ER cases/issues.
- Proven track record of managing business change activity from business case to completion (e.g., redundancy, restructuring, TUPE, etc.).
- Experience of successfully managing and delivering changing priorities and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence effectively.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen, be a trusted confidante and advisor on fit for purpose people solutions to enable the organisation to shape and deliver it's strategic plans.
- Have a positive attitude, be motivated, results oriented, with strong team-working skills.
To learn more apply online or contact Sinéad Connolly on +353 1 632 1881 for a confidential discussion.