This leading Medical Devices organisation has been a long time investor in Ireland and have operated manufacturing activities here since the 1960's. Employing in the region of 50,000 staff globally with revenues north of $15 Billion per annum, this Medical Device organisation remains one of the largest innovative Devices organisations globally. Since first opening its' doors in Ireland the business has expanded both manufacturing and R&D operations. Their Dublin facility is a CoE globally and due to an internal promotion, an Engineering Leadership position has become available here. This role is responsible for operational engineering for the site and is tasked with overseeing the sustaining strategy for the business.
This position sits within the Site Leadership Team reporting into the Head of Operations. You will be expected to lead site strategy within the Engineering Department and support site-wide initiatives.
- Provide consistent leadership and direction to the operational engineering department including Process, Utilities, Maintenance and Automation functions.
- Develop a team of direct reports and ensure that a succession pipeline is identified and implemented for the department.
- Overall responsibility for line performance and assessing OEE.
- Monitor equipment reliability and maintenance programs for the site.
- Assist with the preparation of and oversight of capex budgets.
- Work closely with the site engineering team to optimise performance and delivery within the department working through solutions as a group.
- Manage Key Cost to Win programs and ensure that projects are rolled out as required.
- Liaise on a worldwide basis with Engineering, Quality, R&D, Marketing and Manufacturing staff.
- Maintain the ISO14001 system and IIPC licence compliance.
The incumbent Engineering Manager will have a minimum of 8 years' experience within a highly regulated manufacturing business. A third level Degree in a technical discipline is also required.
- Industry experience will ideally sit within a Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical operation.
- Proven capability delivering strategic direction and operational priorities within previous roles.
- A confident communicator who can clearly direct an experienced team of technical professionals.
- Extensive knowledge of process and equipment engineering.
- An influential individual who can effectively manage high demands in a busy and demanding environment.
- Agile learner, excellent interpersonal skills and results obtained.
This position offers a competitive salary with additional benefits including:
- Performance bonus
- Family healthcare plan
- Pension contribution scheme
- Life assurance package
- Parking on-site
- Subsidised canteen
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aisling at HRM on +353 87 7521041 for a confidential discussion.