This is an innovative, patient centric organisation with operations across the US & Europe. The site here in Ireland is heavily resourced and has expanded over the last two years as the business' Global R&D Hub boasting state of the art labs & high spec test suites and equipment. The company has been in existence for over 150 and has grown through a mix of innovative product development and a number of key business and product acquisitions.
As Engineering Systems Manager, you will have full responsibility for overseeing the department and expanding remit as required
- Reporting into the VP of this business unit you will work closely with a team of nine peers and lead a group of two staff which will expand over the coming months
- Leading user-requirement development, product definition, systems level architecture design and external interface designs by collaborating with cross-functional disciplines within the business
- Understanding the business, customer and clinical needs when developing a project scope
- Directing and guiding design solutions for novel and complex problems; working with Quality and Regulatory to ensure conformance to established design development processes and procedures
- Working closely with the program managers to support project schedule generation
- Guiding and facilitating architectural and design decisions to ensure on-time delivery of projects
- Support less experienced team members through sharing technical knowledge and expertise
- Applicants must have a 3rd level Degree in a technical discipline, scientific of engineering.
- Affiliation to AAMI, AdvMed or INCOSE is advantageous.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience is required within a lead system engineering position preferably within the medical device sector.
- Excellent communication skills required to work with cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated individual who is self-managing and has a passion for invention.
- Scope of knowledge across both design input and output processes for com plex products.
To learn more about this role please contact Aisling Clements- 00353 87 7521041