Our client, a global medical device and diagnostic organisation, are seeking an experienced Environmental Health & Safety Lead to join the team at their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Leinster.
The EHS Lead will support the day to day EHS activities on site to keep the EHS system up to date and compliant, and deal with EHS actions that come from a live manufacturing plant. In this role you will work as part of the Engineering team on site and will work closely with manufacturing and maintenance teams as well.
Duties and responsibilities of the EHS Lead will include:
- Develop, implement and administer safety and health programs.
- Maintain policies and procedures in the EHS system.
- Conduct risk assessments and job exposure analyses to ensure safe work environments according to EHS standards.
- Day to day EHS activities on site.
- Manage and report on EHS KPI's and reporting of metrics internally and externally
- Lead all audit activities on site including annual corporate inspections.
- Ensure that plant personnel adhere to safe work practices and to standard operating procedures.
- Monitor compliance with all relevant EHS legal and other legislative requirements
- Manage all contractors / visitors on site from an EHS perspective.
- Participate in incident, accident and near miss management - follow up, investigation and reporting
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- Minimum level 7 qualification, ideally incorporating elements of Environmental or Health & Safety
- 5+ years' experience in Health and Safety and will have a proven track record in a manufacturing facility
- Ability to engage and influence others regardless of role/level within the organization
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Maeve Fahey at HRM on +353 1 632 1885 for a confidential discussion.