This company is one of the world's leading biopharmaceutical companies. Through acquisitions and mergers, this company has expanded rapidly in its short history and now boasts more than 10,000 employees, and offices in more than 40 countries. This organisations growth strategy is to focus on developing and marketing innovative speciality medicines for symptomatic conditions to meet significant unmet patient needs. Their strategic priorities are to drive optimum performance of their existing products, enabling access to these medicines for patients today and building their pipeline through research and development and business development delivering access in the future for patients. Due to continued expansion, an exciting new position has arisen in the organisation for a Technical Services/Technical Operations Lead to join their growing Dublin Operation.
- Ability to lead effectively and work concurrently across multiple projects in a goal-oriented, timeline-driven, and dynamic work environment, while ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Consult and collaborate across all pertinent Global Manufacturing and Supply Functions to identify and solve manufacturing issues, provides opportunities and creates value proposition, e.g;
- Quality, Site Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Production Planning
- Global Logistics
- Manufacturing Science ( CMC)
- Validation Teams
- Interacts closely and builds strong relationships with external organizations including:
- Contract manufacturing drug substance and drug product site.
- Manufacturing equipment suppliers.
- Complexity (Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations).
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and independent judgment. Works on complex problems which require in-depth analysis and collaboration with others and exercises judgment within broadly defined procedures and practices. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to all levels of employees. Thinks broadly and identifies opportunities and develops solutions that impact beyond their role/function.
- This role requires a significant wide-spectrum understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing and the associated requirements. The incumbent will be required to assess ongoing development plans, devise improvements and outline opportunities for success under tight timeframes. Decisions will include:
- Technology selection criteria
- CMO and site selection criteria
- Process, equipment selection and technology transfer criteria
- The candidate must be able to successfully interpret sometimes incomplete information and design cost effective opportunities to fill data gaps.
- Impacts business development by ensuring that longer-term strategic innovation and business development on a global basis are delivered.
- Requires a degree in technical/scientific education with 5 years technical industry experience in development and/or manufacturing.
- Experience managing technical capabilities in a global capacity
- Experience in managing medium to high complexity technical projects within a cross-functional matrixed organization.
- Broad knowledge and experience within the GMP environment, and regulatory affairs.
- Successful track record of change management projects and processes.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Shane Browne on + 353 1 6321865 for a confidential discussion.