My client, a well-known, highly customer-centric retail organisation based on the northside of Dublin are seeking a highly effective, approachable, people-oriented, financial & operations business partner to join their team.
The customer is at the centre of everything that this diverse organisation does. Within this role, you will partner with the Store Manager and other budget holders to steer towards company objectives, support decision making and to effectively deliver the commercial strategy for the store.
*Please note that due to the 7-day operation, all management staff will be required to work on a shift basis - including rostering for every second weekend and one late night per week*
Within this role, you will work with budget holders to drive effective financial performance to achieve growth. Acting as finance business partner for business units to ensure the operations and financial direction are aligned to the overall Group strategy. Driving commercial opportunities and identifying risks. Long-term Financial Business Plan ownership.
Responsibilities are across finance (70%) and operations (30%) and include:
- Finance business partner - working closely with the Store Manager and other budget holders.
- Forecasting and re-forecasting throughout the year.
- Ensuring costs are in line with goals.
- Work with the team to ensure that more effective and cost-conscious ways are working to lower the cost structure.
- Assessment of store performance and working with the Operations team to implement solutions.
- Contract negotiation with external service providers.
- Analyse benefits, costs and investments to develop business cases to ensure projects invested in will provide a good return on investment.
- Working with the risk team to ensure risk is monitored.
To be considered for this role:
- Retail or similar industry experience essential.
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA - qualified or part qualified.
- 2 years minimum in a similar role.
- Previous experience within a commercial finance role with proven analytical skills.
- Understand the P&L and how to effect results through action.
- Self-reliant and self-motivated.
- Strong problem solver and excellent prioritisation skills.
Salary: Up to €70,000 + Bens + Bonus
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.