Our client, a highly reputable public body who were established to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of patients and the public across Ireland, are seeking a qualified Finance Manager to join their organisation on an initial 9 months contract. The culture is one of fairness and integrity and the role would suit someone who is looking to build a strong stable career in a very open and friendly environment.
This critical Finance and Support Services Manager (Head of Finance) role will be sitting in the head office, based in Dublin City Centre, and reports to the Head of Operations and will play a key role in the company's corporate strategy and transformation agenda. The role is highly varied and would be responsible for a number of areas related to the effective functioning of their business including being responsible for the management of the finance team, operational delivery of financial and management reporting, strategic planning, management of procurement, facilities and other project related work.
This varied role will have considerable interaction with the board and senior stakeholders on all levels and requires a strong communicator who is aligned with the values of the organisation.
The position is intended to be interim position and will have potential to develop into a longer-term opportunity within the business for the right individual.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Contributing to the organisation's financial strategy in support of the Corporate Strategy
- Development of medium and long-term budgets and funding model options
- Managing the budget planning process ensuring that robust systems are in place to support the development of detailed annual budgets
- Managing the implementation of an online purchase order system.
- Managing financial systems
- Managing procurement activities
- Overseeing an effective system of internal and external financial reporting
- Managing the preparation of the annual financial statements in line with accounting standards
- Overseeing the preparation of detailed and transparent audit information to support the annual audit with key schedules and documents to support an efficient external audit
- Maintaining a strong internal financial control environment
- Managing the payroll systems
- Managing pension arrangements including the continuous development of robust systems for processing new joiners and leavers, preparing annual pension statements communicating with staff in relation to pension benefits and rules of the Schemes.
- Leading on finance systems management and administration as part of the wider Digital Transformation Project
- Managing the outsourced facilities management service provider
- Advocating a culture of continuous improvement within the finance and support services function and manage a process of transformation within the function
- Managing and developing the finance and support services team
- Participating in cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the delivery of the strategic objectives
- Proactively engaging in performance development reviews and actively engage in opportunities for learning and development
- Other duties assigned by the Head of Operations and/or the CEO
In order to be considered for this contract Finance and Support Services Manager (Head of Finance) role, you will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA) with relevant exposure within a similar working environment. You will need to have a broad finance background and a strong depth of cross functional management experience:
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- Proven relevant experience of driving performance from an accounting team
- Depth of experience covering areas such as budgeting, forecasting and financial performance and control
- Knowledge and experience from a similar role within the civil/public service, and knowledge of public sector accounting guidelines and policies would be an advantage
- Experience of public procurement, tendering and contract management for goods and services in the public sector
- Experience of digital transformation in finance and business processes
- Experience in managing public sector pensions
- Thorough knowledge of best practice finance policy and procedures, government codes of practice, taxation legislation and procurement
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including financial report-writing and policy documents, and presentation skills
- You will have advanced Excel skills, and ideally working knowledge of Sage or other mainstream ERPs
- Varied and exciting long-term contract role, with the potential to become a permanent position
- Opportunity to make a real impact in a highly enjoyable and collaborative environment
- Opportunity to be a part of a great organisation with a very inclusive and fair culture
- Opportunity to work autonomously managing a team within a very important sector in Ireland
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.