Our client, a global insurance provider with offices throughout the world are seeking a Financial Accountant for their European Head Office based in Dublin City Centre. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Accountant will be responsible to ensure the accounts accurately reflect the profitability, assets and liabilities of the Company.
Particular attention to financial controls, investment calculations and monitoring the production of regulatory and financial reporting.
- Producing and reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual accounting reports
- Assist in the consolidation of subsidiary/branch accounts on a quarterly basis
- Analysing and reconciling detailed general ledger accounts
- Maintaining records of the company’s investments
- Consolidated reconciliation and review
- Act as the key finance contact with both internal and external auditors.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the SoX process and the financial control environment
- Ad Hoc project work, to include new accounting software implementation within the next 12 months
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA)
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Experience of financial reporting and production of statutory financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build and maintain relationships within the company and across the group
- Ability to manage your work-flow and work to tight deadlines
- Experience of Consolidation and US GAAP would be advantageous but not essential
- Familiarity with accounting packages including Microsoft Great Plains and Oracle
- Awareness of the requirements of a financially regulated company
- Possess the ability to successfully work on multiple projects at once
Salary: Up to €75,000 depending on experience + Benefits package.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair at HRM on 01-6321881 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: €65000 - €75000
Location: Dublin City Centre