Our client, an internationally renowned educational organisation with a turnover of €230 million are seeking a Financial Controller for their subsidiary business within the hostel/hospitality sector. The subsidiary business has a turnover of €13 million and the Financial Controller will have full responsibility for the financial control for this business. This role offers an individual from the hotel/hostel sector the opportunity to impact the commercial success of this business whilst creating a better work/life balance for themselves.
In this role, you will:
- Provide insight into the income and cost base of the company to support the assessment of performance of products and service lines and to make recommendations for margin/service improvement.
- Produce managing information including pricing to support business decision making.
- Project management of a continuous improvement programme, including streamlining business processes to increase cost effective operations.
- Develop the rolling strategic plan with the management team.
- Assessment of capital proposals.
- Prepare and analyse the company's annual budget, monthly management accounts and annual financial statements.
- Provide forecasting on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare board packs and commentary.
- Monitor and enhance tax compliance controls and structures.
- Financial reporting.
- Responsible for Audit engagement with the Auditors.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA qualified with minimum 2-3 years' post qualified experience
- Must be from a hotel/hospitality sector with knowledge of room rate fluctuations and commission-based revenue.
- Previous experience of capital expenditure projects.
- Very strong commercial acumen with a track record of contributing to the commercial success of a business.
- Ability to take responsibility for projects.
- Experience working in a multi-site operational environment with large volumes of transactions.
- Strong systems knowledge.
Salary: Up to €73,000 + Benefits
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 01-6321881 for a confidential discussion.