A market leading, employee-centric organisation in Dublin city centre seeks to appoint an ambitious and creative Head of Employee Relations to join the business at an exciting time of change and transformation. Reporting to the Chief People Officer and leading an established team of ER & IR professionals, the role combines a blend of strategic and operational ER & IR business leadership and plays a significant role on the group's HR leadership team. As the organisation remains focussed on continued growth both within their product offering and employee headcount, it is a very exciting time to join an extremely fast paced and dynamic organisation structure.
Reporting into the Chief People officer and participating as a strategic consultant to the HR Leadership Team, the key areas of responsibility for the role will include but not be limited to
- Providing the Chief People Officer and other members of the HR leadership team within the business with trusted council in all matters ER & IR related.
- Maintaining and supporting effective, solutions-focused and trustworthy partnerships with all external bodies and agencies that support ER & IR activities on behalf of employees.
- Lead the ER & IR Team, in delivering a proactive and efficient industrial relations function. This function will act as a subject matter expert department, providing advice to HR colleagues and business managers on all ER and IR policy and procedure issues, to ensure consistency across the entire group.
- Develop a shared sense of commitment and participation by all the groups Business Units in the management of any amendments to the groups ER & IR policies and procedures through upcoming change and transformation programs.
- Enhancing organisational performance and commercial decision making, while ensuring the positive and partnership-focused ER & IR landscape within the group is retained.
- Lead the development and review of all employment policies, ensuring they are legally compliant and updated to reflect employment legislation changes in Ireland.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience operating as an ER & IR leader within a unionised company environment (essential).
- Extensive employee relations expertise and in-depth knowledge of current ER legislation and national best practice.
- Strong consultative and highly effective communications skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships through trust, integrity and results orientation.
- Credible strategic and tactical ER & IR expertise, where pragmatism and an appreciation for the current industrial relations landscape must be considered with all future ER & IR decision making.
This is an exciting opportunity for a progressive, innovative and experienced Employee Relations leader to join an Irish success story. The role will suit someone who wants to draw on their experience and ideas to help shape a really employee-centric and growing Irish company
For more information on this role, apply now or call Trish Horan at HRM on 01 632 18 39 for a confidential discussion.