My client, a privately owned Irish manufacturing company that supply to multinational organisations worldwide is seeking a Head of Finance to join their senior leadership team.
This business operates with a culture of dedication and commitment and they are seeking a candidate who demonstrates similar values.
This company are in a period of growth, they seek to recruit a strategic, highly commercial Head of Finance with exceptional leadership skills and the ability to manage a finance function end to end.
The Head of Finance will be responsible for the assessment of all financial processes & procedures, analysing which are being utilised effectively and introducing new streamlined approaches to financial control and management reporting in the business in the first instance. You will then assess the team's skills and gaps and create career development plans with the individuals in your remit. You will sit on the senior leadership team, so previous exposure at that level is essential. The head of finance will also have responsibility for the company's IT strategy including system implementations and upgrades. Development of a financial strategy for the business will also be in the Head of Finance's remit.
- Team management and development.
- Overseeing the completion of all periodic financial accounting, management reporting and payroll requirements.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining good systems and processes for reporting and control.
- Development of dashboards, metrics and reports that provide analysis and insight to enable better financial planning and decision making by the Board of Directors.
- Devise annual and monthly departmental budgets produce forecasts based on historical information and future projections and measures on variances and targets. Works closely with heads of divisions on initiatives to manage variances.
- Continuously evaluates and reviews spending within the organisation for opportunities for improvement. Proactively work with budget holders to identify areas of cost improvement within the operation and developing and delivering a programme of cost reduction and efficiency initiatives to deliver bottom line improvements.
- Review and evaluate any business continuity risk and take relevant action to eliminate or mitigate such risks. Key contributor on legal and regulatory compliance agenda.
- Leads and manages direct reports, ensuring they have the relevant skills, capabilities, tools, and support to perform their duties.
- Develops and manages robust systems and processes to ensure that all capital investment has a business case, clear return on investment and cost/benefit analysis, clear approvals are obtained, and tracking realisation is happening. You will also manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of appropriately.
- Take appropriate measures to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of financial information.
- Develops and supports the implementation of an IT strategy that supports business continuity and resource enablement. Provides support and direction to the IT team.
- Provides strong financial leadership and discipline in the development of business strategy.
- Conducts evaluation, modelling and analysis of commercial initiatives and provides the business decision makers with insight and direction on key business decisions. Identified funding opportunities and makes compelling proposals to relevant bodies to secure these.
To be considered:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 8 years post qualified experience.
- Experience working in the SME sector in the past (turnover of +25Million).
- Irish GAAP & IFRS working knowledge.
- Proven financial analysis, modelling, and forecasting experience.
- Production and reporting of management accounts.
- Cost accounting and profitability improvement experience.
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to financial and non-financial managers and colleagues.
- Proven ability and experience of managing and supervising a team.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Growth mindset.
- High level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Experience from the Manufacturing industry with Lean Six Sigma structures - highly beneficial.
Salary: €95,000 - €120,000 + up to 20% bonus + Pension + Heath insurance
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 01-6321881 for a confidential discussion.