My client, a highly successful rare diseases pharmaceutical company, originating in the USA, are currently setting up a European presence. They seek a Head of Finance to support them in their endeavours in Europe.
The role will have responsibility for the financial strategy, planning and financial management support as the organisation launch its products globally. This position will support the European launch activities.
Development of a plan for the establishment of business structures and capabilities to support the product launch programme. This will include:
- Support the Legal entity structure to ensure efficient compliance with financial reporting, taxation, and other business requirements across Europe.
- Banking and treasury requirements.
- Assessment of the appropriate mix of internal capabilities and engagement of outsourced service providers
- Support the establishment of finance systems and internal control.
- Lead the monthly financial review process.
- Management of budget vs actuals.
- Prepare the annual budget and the long range strategic financial plan.
- Work with other functions to implement effective policies and capabilities.
- Ongoing financial control and strategy requirements as the company grows.
To be considered:
- Finance Degree or Masters.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA with 10 years PQE.
- Strong US GAAP, SOX & oracle experience.
- Essbase & SmartView experience.
- Technically strong with a proven ability to make sound financial decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage conflicting demands.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary for daily interaction with senior management, both within the country and across global corporate functions.
- Experience in a start-up pharma/biopharma/med device company previously would be highly regarded or demonstrated skills of the legal set up of an international company in Ireland.
- Background in Pharma/BioPharma at Senior Finance level previously.
Salary: €130,000 - €150,000 + attractive benefits package including share options and car allowance.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.