HRM have been retained by an established organisation, supporting an interesting industry in Ireland by providing technical expertise, business support, funding, training, and promotion of responsible environmental practices. The HR function is a strategic partner to the organisation, providing a full range of best-in-class services to all employees. At a time of continued development, a new opportunity has arisen to support the organisation in leading this function on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Corporate Services Director, the Head of HR will have responsibility for setting the HR vision and aligning it to the organisational goals. Leading a HR team, this role will have full accountability for driving strategic initiatives that includes talent development, organisational capability and effectiveness and leadership development.
- Play a key leadership role to evolve the HR Strategy in line with a new corporate strategy, that enables the continued transformation and proactively support the change impact on the organisation.
- Lead the development and implementation of and key HR initiatives from the HR strategy including in the areas of Talent Management, Recruitment, Wellbeing, Employee Engagement, Payroll administration, Superannuation and HR Operations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders and partner with the business units to deliver high quality, efficient and consistent HR initiatives and services.
- Provide expert input to organisation design and development initiatives underpinned by strong awareness of the organisational needs people risks and succession planning across functions.
- Develop Learning and Development plans to address critical capabilities needed within the organisation to realise the needs of the organisational strategy and develop core training programmes.
- Champion the talent agenda; develop and retain the high-calibre individuals through talent mapping, succession planning, and career pathing initiatives.
- Analyse management information and data to deliver key insights to the Senior Leadership Teams and drive appropriate action plans.
- Own the delivery of HR policies and practices aligned to comply with Public Sector requirements and employment legislation whilst effectively supporting and maintaining a flexible, innovative performance culture.
- Embed the performance management model by provide mentoring and professional support to the management team to ensure the building of effective partnerships.
- Ensure operational effectiveness by leading and developing the wider HR team to deliver high quality HR support to the staff aligned with the strategy.
- Champion the performance management system proving direction, governance and support line managers with the attendance and performance management process to ensure it is meaningful and used effectively by both line managers and employees.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced HR professional with a strong HR background and a member of CIPD. At least 7 years' experience operating at a senior level and leading a function is important. Experience of operating in a public sector environment is not essential but desired.
You will also have;
- Proven experience in managing employee relations including industrial relations experience.
- Ability to provide executive coaching, mentoring and acting as an Executive HR Leader.
- Have strong knowledge of HR disciplines such as Diversity, Compensation, Employee Relations, HR Systems, Performance Management, Talent Management, Staffing and Organisational Effectiveness, Talent Acquisition, Superannuation, Payroll, Internal Audit Implementation.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen, be a trusted confidante and advisor on fit for purpose people solutions to enable the organisation to shape & deliver its strategic plans.
- Potential to become a champion for change with a skill set to lead change management.
- Have strong decision-making capability and the ability to influence, partner and negotiate with management at all levels and execute with excellence.
- Have a positive attitude, be motivated, results with strong team-working skills.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- High levels of facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to guide and lead the management team through an exciting programme of change.
- Have a thorough understanding of employment law, government policies and GDPR.
- Proven ability in successfully managing key strategic projects and implementing change within the organisationoven experience in managing employee relations including industrial relations experience.
- The ability to provide executive coaching and acting as an Executive HR Leader.
- Solid knowledge of various HR disciplines such as Diversity, Compensation, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Talent Management and Organisational Effectiveness
- Strong commercial acumen, be a trusted confidante and advisor on fit for purpose people solutions to enable the organisation to shape & deliver its strategic plans.
- The ability to be change catalyst who can successfully manage change.
To learn more apply online or contact Arlene Moran on +353 1 632 1854 for more information.