Our client, a well-known and hugely successful Irish third level university with a dynamic and innovative environment is seeking a Head of Internal Audit to join their organisation. The Head of Internal audit will liaise regularly with the audit committee and will report to the COO on a day to day basis.
As part of this role you will be responsible for carrying out independent assessments and reporting to the audit committee. Each assignment undertaken by internal audit is intended to provide independent, objective assurance and recommendations designed to add value and improve the operations of the university, which includes three commercial subsidiary businesses. As Internal Audit Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a risk based internal audit strategy and three-year rolling audit plan in consultation with management for the approval of the audit committee.
- Delivering the internal audit plan from planning to completion of the programme.
- Preparing and present the quarterly update reports to the audit committee.
- Delivering professional written audit assignment reports with value added recommendations to senior management and the audit committee in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and approving outstanding issues follow up report prepared by the audit team.
- Reviewing and approving work performed by the internal audit plan and subsequent presentation of quarterly continuous auditing report to the audit committee.
- Managing the relationship with third party provider focused on IT audits.
- Ensuring the maintenance of clear, concise and timely working papers in line with International internal audit standards.
- Holding responsibility for the internal audit quality assurance improvement programme.
- Attending monthly meetings with management team and university heads.
- Participating in an advisory capacity, sitting on risk committee.
- Driving a policy of best practice with a focus on continuous improvement and awareness across the university with respect to internal control, risk and corporate governance.
- Developing and maintaining productive business relationships across all units in the university.
- Holding responsibility for the management and development of the internal audit team.
- ACA/ACCA qualified with minimum 5 years' PQE working within audit.
- Minimum 3 years' management experience in planning and directly audits.
- Excellent technical audit and accounting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in reporting to an Audit Committee.
- Ability to present adequate working papers in line with international standards.
- Ability to manage and mentor a team.
- Highly organised with strong planning skill.
Salary: Up to €85,000 + Benefits
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 01-6321881 for a confidential discussion.