Our client is a speciality pharmaceutical business. Due to continued business growth and development, they are seeking an experienced operations professional to lead their team across their manufacturing facilities in the south of Ireland.
- The Head of Operations will be responsible for leading and overseeing the manufacturing operations department for two manufacturing facilities.
- Delivery of cGMP compliant manufacturing processes in a timely fashion and according to business planning.
- Overseeing the development, manufacture, tech transfer and commercial supply of pharmaceutical products.
- Actively support the development activities to maximize new product launches.
- Developing technical aspects of the company's strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Providing focus to the continuous improvement culture of the business with a view to reduce costs and improve efficiencies within the Operations department.
- Coaching and Mentoring of departmental managers.
- Ensuring a robust succession plan is in place for operational departments and that all team members are encouraged to realize their potential.
- Consistently evaluate technical efficiency and make changes when necessary.
- Maintaining current knowledge of technology landscape and developments.
- Working collaboratively with the site Leadership Team to drive the strategic direction of the business.
- You will be responsible for the management and development of 5 senior direct reports with indirect responsibility for all individuals across Production, Engineering, Maintenance, packaging, and Technical operations.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for all operational activities for the business as a trusted advisor to the CEO.
- You will have proven experience as a Head of Operations/Manufacturing/ Production within the pharmaceutical/ bio industry sector.
- A technically astute individual with strong knowledge and experience in sterile filling manufacturing operations.
- Proven track record in coaching and developing individuals with the ability to identify high performing potential within the business.
- A strong influencer with the ability to communicate and influence effectively upwards and downwards across business operations.
- The ability to build long lasting relationships and develop trust amongst colleagues and business partners.
- A respectful communication style with the ability to make business critical recommendations upwards while challenging business decisions where needed.
- A solution orientated individual with exceptional problem-solving capabilities.
- You will be degree qualified with a lean qualification being an advantage.
- Excellent basic salary
- Cash allowance
To learn more, apply online or contact Ciaran McCaughey on +353 1 6321830 or please submit an updated CV.