Our client are a nationwide market leading FMCG organisation, with two sites in Ireland. With a headcount of approximately 800 on site and a Quality & Environmental team of approximately 20, an opportunity for a Head of Quality & Environmental has opened up in Cavan.
This individual will be responsible for leading and managing an efficient and effective Quality & Environmental function, ensuring systems, processes and standards are developed, implemented and improved to deliver right first-time product to customers. This is a permanent opportunity within a dynamic & ever-growing Irish organisation.
Duties and responsibilities of the Head of Quality & Environmental include:
- Lead, manage and provide direction to the Quality & Environmental team, ensuring they are fully engaged, motivated and enabled to perform their role to the highest standards.
- Drive and promote a culture of Quality excellence and continuous improvement across the organisation.
- Manage and develop a robust Quality Management System to ensure right first-time product is delivered to customers.
- Develop and improve the QMS so that it meets the requirements of BRC, Bord Bia and key customer technical standards. Identify any additional systems that would be of benefit to the company.
- Develop and implement effective auditing strategy to identify any weaknesses in the current system, and drive appropriate and effective corrective and preventive actions throughout the company in response to audits.
- Develop and deliver a programme of continuous improvement initiatives that delivers on Quality and organisational objectives.
- Conducting Vendor audits and management of an internal quality audit team and audit schedule.
- Customer Account Management.
- Manage customer complaints, investigations and ensure prompt close out.
The ideal candidate will have qualifications & experience in the following:
- Degree in Science, Food Science or similar.
- 5+ years' experience in a similar Quality management role.
- Experience in FMCG manufacturing, with knowledge of Manufacturing QMS, understanding of specifications, capability analysis, data and defect analysis, variance reduction.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BRC food standard, Tesco TFMS, ISO 14001, Bord Bia MPQAS
- Knowledge of Lean; Six Sigma & TQM methodology and application of same
- Strong evidence of delivering results in Quality and continuous improvement initiatives
- High levels of energy and drive for results
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Maeve Fahey at HRM on +353 1 6321885 for a confidential discussion.