Our client is an Irish Manufacturer of dairy equipment. The Company have been manufacturing the world's most advanced dairy equipment since 1968. Due to continuous innovations a new position for a Health and Safety Engineer has arisen at their Tralee, Co. Kerry Facility.
As Health and Safety Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Support and provide technical expertise & Health & Safety advice
- Promote safe systems of works in line with Health & Safety standards and promote a positive safety culture & coach employees on positive health & safety practices
- Inspect and audit sites across the full facility and on customer installation sites
- Carry out risk assessments and support managers in performing internal risk assessments and implementing corrective actions
- Carry out health and safety inductions and other safety training
- Manage training records and reports investigation procedures for accidents/incidents
- Aid in the design of training plans and training courses to ensure that appropriate training is carried out
- Develop health and safety procedures, policies, training material, work instructions, checklists etc. and to assist in the implementation of safety policies and procedures
- Advise on and implementing occupational health requirements
- Ensure the preparation and implementation of site emergency plans e.g. Fire drill
- Ensure contractor safety management arrangements are established and implemented across all applicable locations
- Relevant third level Qualification in Health & Safety
- Experience as a HSE & Training person
- Qualified Trainer, Manual Handling Trainer & /or Risk Assessor desirable
- Strong computer literacy & proficient in the use of MS Office tools
- Work on your own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Represent the company in a professional manner always
- Good communicate skills
- Ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
- Experience in developing and writing health and safety statements, policies, procedures, etc.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Anna Carey on +353 21 4511193 for a confidential discussion.