HR Business Partner
- Posted 06 March 2023
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineHR Leadership and Specialists
- ContactSarah Louise Nolan
HRM have been retained by a leading organisation to appoint a People Business Partner to join a progressive HR Function. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the People Business Partner will support the business in delivering a new People Strategy, and people function.
The successful candidate will be a highly driven, adaptable and confident people person with high emotional intelligence who can thrive in a rapidly changing organisation and will adopt a proactive and highly organised approach to their role.
- Manage large volume of direct recruitment for this business area including ensuring headcount and recruitment plans delivered on time and meeting recruitment quality of hire and other metrics. Supporting all recruitment logistics including interview scheduling and coaching line managers on better quality interviewing outcomes.
- Responsible for seamless on-boarding of all new employees for this area of the business including contract actions, etc.
- Developing new talent pipelines for example apprenticeship programmes for future broadening of talent.
- Creating more compelling EVP and recruitment marketing materials for key roles that require more focus on talent attraction and retention.
- Manage long term sick and absence matters in proactive and well-structured manner.
- Own exit data processes and targets for this part of the business and focus on action plans for retention of high performers and keeping voluntary attrition levels under market benchmarks.
- Assist with creation and delivery of department specific engagement plan to continuously improve eNPS scores for this business area and align with central engagement plan and pillars.
- Manage any grievances or ER matters for this area including liaison with the union representatives on any matters and always ensuring ongoing constructive relationship at managing matters in most effective way.
- Align with all broader People Strategy and business priorities and ensure all activities for this business area continue to align with same.
- Ensure excellence in all HR Ops, input data and payroll matters required for this area.
- Responsible for day-to-day people support matters and queries.
- Deliver key people metrics and insights to management for your business areas - attrition, retention, performance, engagement, absenteeism, diversity, internal promotions etc and identify hot spots and action plans required to improve key people metrics and targets for this area.
- Employee support and point of contact for this business area and supporting line managers and employees on policy or day to day matters (contracts, HR Ops or data, maintaining MHR etc).
- Coaching line managers to achieve better people outcomes and build their people skills.
- Enhance department specific training and induction (aligned with overall training approach etc).
- Support the business executive and CPO on talent planning and workforce planning for their business areas.
- Implement People CoE projects and initiatives in their business area for example new talent pipelines, I&D issues etc.
- Managing and delivering change and transformation as part of our People Strategy and transformation plans.
- Proactively monitor and suggest improvements and positive change on people and culture related topics.
- Ensure policies and procedures are complied with within business area.
- People lead for business specific people projects and priorities for this business area.
- Support on broader central projects and activities where required and as identified throughout the year.
- Honours degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline e.g. Employment Law, Organisational Development, etc.
- 7-10 years' experience working in HR, with a minimum of 3 years in a People/HR BP role.
- Experience in motor industry and/or insurance industries preferred.
- Strong ER and union experience desired.
- Experience in HR change and transformation projects desired.
- CIPD qualification and/or CIPD membership preferred.
- Excellent proficiency in all Microsoft Office software also essential (Excel, PPT).
- Experience with HR systems and HR data.
- Commercially minded individual, who uses data and metrics to deliver results and improvements.
- A strong work ethic and highly driven and committed individual with a proven track record of delivering successfully to deadlines and juggling different priorities at once.
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to deliver high quality and quantity of work in well organised fashion.
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to identify gaps and opportunities, and own and drive their priorities and progress.
- An individual with a positive can-do attitude and who is passionate about people and development.
- High energy and an ability to influence others towards positive and effective outcomes.
- Highly adaptable and flexible to needs of the role and the business.
- Excellent resilience and can excel in high pressure work environment.
- Ability to research and problem solve and identify initial options or solutions independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to rapidly reprioritise according to the changing needs of the business.
For more information, contact Sarah Louise Nolan at sarah- or apply directly.