Human Resources Director
- Posted 08 May 2023
- Salary€110000.00 - €115000.00 per annum + Benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineHR Leadership and Specialists
- ContactClair Schindler
International transport company with subsidiaries across Europe are seeking a Human Resources Director for their Irish operation. With three offices in Dublin, the HR Director will have responsibility for managing and leading a team accountable for all aspects of the HR employee life cycle.
Reporting to the Country Managing Director and functionally to the Group CHRO, the HR Director will operate as a trusted advisor and a member of the senior leadership team. The HR Director will develop relationships and support local stakeholders and develop trusted relationships and liaise frequently with international stakeholders.
With significant growth over recent years, this organisation continues to grow.
The HR Director will be responsible for the management of succession planning, assessment and organisational design along with the executive team. As this is a unionised environment, the HR Director will be required to have a background supporting industrial relations, employee relations and union negotiation.
The key areas of responsibility will include:
- Provide HR advice and counsel to the Managing Director and the company's executive leadership team on HR issues and be responsible for coordinating and directing all HR functions for the business.
- Design and develop a high performing HR organisation that delivers leading edge HR strategies.
- Development of strategic & operational HR plans.
- Develop and monitor budgets and appropriate KPI's for the HR team.
- Manage employee relations whilst supporting the business strategy.
- Develop, oversee, and implement the execution of talent acquisition strategies and plans.
- Overall management of rewards programmes, including merit and incentive programmes.
- Develop and drive talent management programmes.
- Develop appropriate policies and procedures for effective management of people & resources.
- Deliver leadership development programme.
The HR Director will have experience and working knowledge of key HR functions such as employee/industrial relations, talent acquisition, organisational development and talent management.
To be considered, you will possess experience and competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of best practices in HR in an operational setting.
- 2-3 years industrial relations experience in your career.
- Ability to think strategically, but also focus on tactical and operational issues, managing time and resources, flexing from strategic thinking to hands on execution.
- Demonstrated D&I experience.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and organisational consequences of change within the law.
- Management skills in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating policies & protocols.
- Third level education along with CIPD with 10+ years of broad based HR experience.
- Experience working within a fast paced, growing organisation.
Compensation: Attractive basic salary + 20% bonus + Health + Pension + additional benefits on offer.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.